Reports to: General Foreman
Work Located In Pecos, Texas! Opportunities Available Immediately!
The Lineman is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing high-powered electrical lines and systems.
- String, splice, transfer, and sag wire in energized or de-energized circuits and connect wires and transformers as specified or directed.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Operate live-line tools to connect and disconnect distribution lines and components.
- Inspect lines, poles, and equipment for signs of damage or wear and report deficiencies.
- Install, remove, transfer, maintain, and/or repair cross arms, pins, insulators, guys, transformer, and switch racks and other overhead pole and Underground Residential Distribution equipment using a variety of hand tools, equipment, and power tools.
- Perform line switching or sectionalizing as required.
- Perform emergency repairs, phases, and connect circuits under load.
- Perform load checks and balance feeders as required.
- Climb poles to install or repair overhead lines.
- Dig trenches to install or repair underground cables.
- Perform troubleshooting to identify problems with electrical lines.
- Follow all safety guidelines established by the client and federal regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company's lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- (Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required)
- Journeyman Lineman card required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CDL driver’s license.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to climb.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in buckets for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED. Electrical license and prior experience as a lineman preferred. Must have excellent time management, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams. Ability to work outdoors in various types of weather is required. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Journeyman Lineman: 7 years (Preferred)
- Transmission and Distribution: 5 years (Required)
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.