Semora, NC Posted: 1/15/2020
FOSSIL TURBINE MECHANICS NEEDED SPRING 2020
BHI Energy is seeking Steam Valve Turbine Mechanics for the Spring 2020 outages.
Qualified candidates must have FOSSIL, VALVE experience.
Turbine Mechanic must have the following:
- Ability to disassemble, troubleshoots, repair, assemble/align main turbines, feed-water pump turbines and associated components with limited to no supervision (independent worker).
- Troubleshoot components to identify real or potential problem areas.
- Identify parts and turbine terminology
- Handle, clean, and properly store parts.
- Remove and install gaskets and packing
- Disassemble I reassemble hydraulic coupling and bolted joints
- Align and balance turbine as directed by Technical Staff to station specifications.
- Use rigging procedures and equipment.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, lift a minimum of forty pounds overhead, able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions and confined space.
- Demonstrate knowledge of steam turbine machine trains and valve components
- Use and read precision tools such as inside and outside micrometers, dial calipers, depth micrometers, dial indicators, periphery tape measures, and etc.
- Use oxy-acetylene torches
- Use and properly operate applicable basic hand tools, precision instruments, pneumatic, hydraulic tooling, calibrated tools and equipment.
- Normal turbine alignment and balance measuring devices general machine shop equipment such as grinders, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and clearance diagrams
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
The Turbine Mechanics must have at least 5 years’ experience in the field with steam and gas, turbine valves and associated equipment/components
We Offer Competitive wages, per Diem and travel reimbursement.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here