North Palm Beach, FL Posted: 1/17/2020
BHI Energy has an opportunity for a Commissioning Manager who will be responsible for leading or assisting others with the testing and startup of substations for wind, solar, & battery installation applications. Adhering to our core values, all of our contractors are responsible for contributing to a safe work environment, following approved best practices, ensuring testing documentation is reviewed & received, as well as managing schedules to meet critical milestones. This is a field position reporting directly out of the construction site.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing substation construction and testing personnel;
• Coordinating with the interconnecting entity (Transmission Owner/Operator);
• Creating and updating schedules;
• Troubleshooting relaying & control schemes;
• Submitting QAQC Checklists;
• Reviewing testing documentation;
Minimum of 3 years of field experience with protection & control is required. Typical commissioning field experience is preferred such as performing panel and equipment functional checkouts, relay testing, data concentrator configurations, understanding of NETA testing requirements, and the ability to troubleshoot relaying & control schemes. The ability to log into SEL relays and GE relays to support substation testers and NovaTech Orion LX data concentrators to support the SCADA design is valued for hands on support.
In addition, excellent communications skills are required to interface with various entities on the construction site.
Additional experience is desirable in any of the following related areas:
• Reviewing Interconnect Agreements
• Reviewing Power Purchase Agreements
• Substation design
• Substation construction
• Substation commissioning
• Ability to take or assist other with transformer oil samples
• SCADA configuration
• Fault analysis
• Quickly learn and apply testing practices
• Basic PC skills such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc…
• Learn and apply switching procedures
• Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here