Position Title: Program Manager, Managed Task - Wind
Reports To: Director - Wind
Position located: Piedmont, SC
BHI Energy is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, well organized individual to assist the growth of BHI’s Wind Division. This individual must have significant experience with quoting, planning, managing and executing fixed price work in support of Wind service, repair and overhaul.
Responsible for the day to day operations for fixed price work within Wind to include work scheduling, tooling, training, procedural development, logistics and management of personnel to ensure safe, smooth, and effective support for the client’s needs.
The Program Manager’s primary function is to ensure that BHI Energy’s Renewable business operates safely, smoothly and effectively in support of our client’s needs. Other functions and responsibilities that can be expected from this position shall include but are not limited to:
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert for BHI Energy with client in regards to operational and technical needs. Maintain continuous client contact and focus on relationship management.
- Communicate with Site Supervisors and craft frequently to understand operational challenges and support requirements to ensure success of the contract within the assigned operational area.
- Conduct periodic site visits to meet with BHI Energy personnel and site management.
- Ensure a strong commitment to safety as the number one core value.
- Overall responsibilities for of the day to day operations within the assigned area inclusive of daily work activities and assignments, training, and safety.
- Conducting periodic reviews of procedures, protocols and processes in an effort to identify improvement opportunities within the operation that will benefit BHI Energy and our client.
- Provide strong leadership engagement with client and proactive posture regarding BHI performance.
- Establish a strong relationship with customer contacts through demonstrating trust, integrity, and honesty in dealing with each client engagement.
- Set positive standards and expectations with identified supervisors and within all BHI employees assigned.
- Install a culture of continuous improvement and error free performance with all employees assigned.
- Input for the operational budget focused on establishing cost savings and effectiveness Remain visible, available and approachable to BHI Energy employees supporting assigned operational area.
- Support and foster a safety conscious work environment where all employees understand reporting options and opportunities for safety and work related concerns.
- Review and understand all contracts established with client in support of assigned operational area. Ensure that site specific operations are in accordance with the contract and identified work scope.
- Dedicated field support (training, work instructions, dispositions and customer support, equipment and tooling) to achieve high levels of quality and productivity.
- 7+ years’ experience in Wind service, repair and overhaul and a minimum of 3 years in an operations role.
- Strong customer focus with product line experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, collaborate effectively and drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Capable to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Can effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) with all levels of management, supervision and craft.
- Knowledge of field deployment in support of periodic maintenance activities.
- Capable of being the process owner utilizing continuous improvement and implementing best practices.
- Effectively identifies key players and builds high performing teams.
- Capable of effectively managing own time and time of other's.
- Engages support from Labor Relations, HR, ECP, and Staffing when necessary.
- Is able to identify talent in projects organization and develops that talent by making deliberate changes in assignments.
- Able to influence others to improve project and contract outcomes and capable of providing input for a succession planning model that maintains a defense in depth for position evolutions.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.