Contract Duration: -/+ 12 months
Contract Location: New Albany, Ohio
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing engineering work activities related to capital substation, t-line, and telecom projects, requiring the application of best engineering practices in a safe, effective, efficient, economic, and on time delivery of construction packages. Responsible for managing transmission renewal programs for both station and line projects. This position requires working closely with the regional teams to identify, prioritize and justify supplemental renewal needs. This position may also support the Asset Renewal team in other efforts such as sparing strategy, physical security, data collection, and renewal portfolio management.
1. Technical Expertise: Possesses basic knowledge of multiple Transmission disciplines such as Station equipment, T-Line equipment, Protection and Control schemes, etc. Possesses familiarity with Transmission platforms such as Ecosys, IR Routing, Business Objects, TGIS, Scan View, ADX as well as applications such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point and Word.
2. Leadership & Guidance: Coordinates work activities with internal stakeholders such as Project Management, Transmission Field Services, Transmission Planning, Transmission Engineering, and Transmission Asset Performance (TAP) among others. Self-starter and performs assigned duties with minimal guidance from higher-level employees.
3. Planning and Organizational Skills: Keeps track of Renewal Portfolio (Renewal Programs) in assigned region. Works with Transmission Field Services and Transmission Planning to plan, identify and prioritize renewal projects for current and future years. Works with TAP, Project Sponsors and Project Management to closely monitor project progression and spend of Renewal Programs. Works closely with Project Sponsors to avoid project overlaps.
4. Problem Solving: Resolves and initiates solutions to routine problems, which usually require additional definition/clarification before analysis can begin. Demonstrates ability to identify problems that are beyond the normal routine. Demonstrates ability and desire to seek out opportunities and embrace new ideas and approaches.
5. Communication: Possesses good communication and presentation skills. The position requires the need to present often to internal stakeholders and be able to lead meetings.
6. Interpersonal Skills: Works well in a team environment. Networks with peers inside and outside of the company. Resolves conflict and builds consensus.
7. Decision Making: Makes decisions subject to review within established policies and procedures. Makes decisions that affect the work of the team. Aware of risks. Demonstrates the ability to extrapolate beyond known facts to reach logical conclusions.
8. Business Awareness & Characteristics: Understands organizational structure and the specific role and responsibility of their individual organizational unit. Demonstrates an understanding of the budgeting and approval process. Is proficient in the application and use of economic analysis techniques in problem solving. Develops an understanding of utility regulation and financing.
*ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master’s degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.