Transmission General Foreman
Reports To: Field Management
Performs supervisory responsibilities for managing all aspects of the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical transmission power lines, electrical systems, fixtures, apparatus, and appliances. This individual is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning, participating in, and inspecting the work of foreman and other crews. Work includes the onsite design and construction of special electrical apparatus. Large scale and complex jobs are normally inspected upon completion for conformance with quality and per specifications. Work is performed under general direction of an Area manager or General Superintendent and is reviewed through discussions and inspection of completed work. Plans, assigns, schedules, and supervises the work of foreman’s and sub-contractors engaged in the construction, installation of electrical systems, fixtures, apparatus, and appliances and must participate in the more difficult work.
- Trains and instructs subordinates on detailed procedures.
- Conducts daily inspections and gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments; assures availability of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Capable of recording cost and job records and submits reports; initiates requisitions for supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Enforces safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
- Responsible for the proper training of personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools.
- Accountability to see that all equipment and tools are well taken care of, inspected, returned and secured.
- With the assistance of a line truck, use your body to shove a 85-100ft., wooden pole to set it straight up in the hole.
- Continuously pull a handline to send up or down heavy materials such as a hoist (weighing 15-lbs.), travelers (weighing 75-lbs.), cross arms (weighing 30-40 lbs.) during the course of the day.
- Continuously bend over and stoop to pick up materials to put on the handline.
- Dig holes throughout the day, taking normal breaks.
- Stretch and reach flexibility to get up into a line truck.
- Continuously bend over while framing wooden poles.
- Coordinate body, arms and legs while walking over rough and uneven terrain at a job site.
- Maintain your balance while standing and looking up at the Lineman.
- Operate a handline (hand-over-hand) while using the bottom of your foot to control the weight of the materials.
- Use a pair of klines to pull pins out of overhead wire.
- Assemble underground junction bars using nuts, washers and bolts.
- Examine rigging to make sure it is rigged correctly and that the loads are tied down properly.
The following duties have been identified as the critical job elements for the transmission classifications. Incumbents in the different classifications are required to work outdoors in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
- Clean driving record with current driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass drug screening test.
- Must be willing to consent to a background check.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED
8-10 years of related experience including supervisory or lead experience to include considerable experience as a journeyman electrician or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Excellent communication skills. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
Ability to communicate and effectively supervise the work of skilled workers.
Ability to interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans and sketches, and blue prints.
Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and Onsite Supervision.
Ability to evaluate time frame of task assigned correctly and execute with budgets.
Skill and knowledge in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician's trade.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email email@example.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.