Transmission Lead Lineman
Reports To: Field Management
Perform transmission line construction, maintenance in a safe efficient manner utilizing de-energized, live line hot stick or live line bare-hand techniques on voltages up to and including 500kV. Capable of stringing, sagging, tie in, dead-end and splicing of conductor’s tension or un-tension for all conductors. The Lead Lineman ensures a safe work environment for the lineman, apprentice, groundmen, and equipment operator. Observes all safety practices and procedures. He ensures that the all of the crew is always supervised. The lead lineman meets the qualifications of the lineman responsibilities.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma (high school graduate)
- Class A CDL Driver's License
- Knowledge of safety practices, procedures and standards required in line construction.
- A demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Has a good driving record and current driver’s license.
- Has a DOT medical card.
- Good physical condition and manual dexterity, capable of passing the physical fitness and medical requirements.
- Able and willing to work at heights and in varying extreme climates.
- Capable of lifting objects greater than 50lb's.
- Mechanical ability.
- Proven track record of good attendance and performance.
- Physically capable of performing work from man-baskets, buckets, poles and towers.
- Planning and initiating projects.
- Establishing OSHA and customer safety requirements.
- Setting of towers, poles.
- Maintaining and repairing overhead distribution, transmission Lines.
- Stringing new wire or maintaining old wire.
- Installing and maintaining insulators.
- Installing and maintaining transformers and other equipment.
- Supervising groundmen and apprentices.
- Installing, and maintaining underground distribution systems.
- Assembly and erection of poles and towers.
- Proper use of tools.
- Physically capable of working in adverse/inclement weather conditions.
- Safe operation of heavy and tracked equipment including radial arm diggers. Line trucks, cranes, and all terrain equipment as required.
- Operate and maintain such hand tools as may be required for the job including blocks, grips, jacks, hot line tools and cover up, etc.
- Organize the portion of the assigned job.
- Maintain good public relations with persons inside and outside the company.
- Instruct and train junior personnel in duties, safe work practices, care and use of tools and equipment.
- Perform all duties of lower classifications as required.
- Maintain personal and group safety at all times, and exercise appropriate caution when working with tension for rigging, on or close to energized equipment.
- Willing to work away from home for extended periods of time, and holidays.
- Be a positive team member through open communication and active participation in crew tasks.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Commercial driver's license (Class A-CDL)
The following duties have been identified as the critical job elements for the transmission classifications. Incumbents in the different classifications are required to work outdoors in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
- Experience in the Distribution and Transmission field.
- Rubber Gloving and Cover-up experience
- Live Line Hot Stick/Bare-hand experience.
- · Knowledge of building and constructing distribution and transmission lines.
- Clean driving record with current driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass drug screening test.
- Must be willing to consent to a background check.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED
8-10 years of related experience including supervisory or lead experience to include considerable experience as a journeyman electrician or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Excellent communication skills. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
Ability to communicate and effectively supervise the work of skilled workers.
Ability to interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans and sketches, and blue prints.
Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and Onsite Supervision.
Ability to evaluate time frame of task assigned correctly and execute with budgets.
Skill and knowledge in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician's trade.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email email@example.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.