Landscape Grounds Maintenance
Elm City, NC Posted: 2/14/2020
BHI Energy is currently hiring long term Landscape/Ground Maintenance technicians at the Elm City Solar Facility. This position is in Elm City, NC, but will be expected to travel if needed.
You will be responsible for supporting facilities with grounds and landscaping maintenance to assigned areas of the facility. Qualified personnel shall be knowledge of the daily upkeep of facility including all grass cutting, trimming, and planting needed. Work performance shall be to a level that meets established standards and expectations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities – Specific job responsibilities and duties should include by not be limited to:
- Mow, water, and fertilize grass and shrubs utilizing mechanical, electrical, and gas-powered tools
- Prune trees and hedges utilizing mechanical and electrical tools
- Debris and litter removal
- Plant grass, flowers, trees and shrubs using gardening tools
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides using hand or automatic sprayer/spreaders
- Actively participate in Pre-Job and Safety Briefings
- Conduct walk-downs and surveys of surrounding plant areas to establish a plan for providing support
- Follow established safe work practices
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding if necessary
- Capable of lifting a minimum of fifty (50) pounds over head
- Lead or participate in Pre-Job Briefings
- Duties and responsibilities assigned to Utility Worker classifications for which they are qualified to perform.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email email@example.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
- Must be able to pass security background check
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must have own transportation
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here