Renewables Development Manager
San Diego, CA Posted: 2/15/2020
BHI Energy is seeking a Renewables Development Manager responsible for driving growth in the organization through the development and evaluation of utility-scale wind, solar, and energy storage projects, covering both Greenfield and M&A opportunities. Working in close coordination with an interdisciplinary team, the Project Developer is expected to drive projects from conception through to the start of construction as well as to provide support as needed until commercial operation is achieved.
- Secure key development assets needed for utility-scale renewable energy projects, including site control, interconnection, and permits at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Structure, negotiate, and execute agreements with OEMs and EPC/BOP contractors.
- Support Origination team in securing offtake agreements for development projects.
- Commission studies and reports (e.g., energy yield assessments, aviation & telecommunication studies, wildlife & cultural studies, etc.) and apply results to modify & enhance project viability.
- Manage wind/solar resource campaigns to ensure strength of onsite resource.
- Oversee project budget, schedule, and financial pro forma to ensure project success.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on M&A opportunities.
- Conduct market, competitor, policy, and regulatory analyses to support development activities.
Minimum requirements for Renewable Development Manager:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Environmental & Natural Resources, and/or Engineering. Graduate degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of (7) years of related professional experience required. Minimum of (3) years in power project development.
- Preference for prior experience in energy business development, ideally in solar, wind, and/or energy storage.
- Desired traits: effective and clear communication, teamwork, initiative, adaptability/flexibility, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit, planning/organizing, budgeting, and understanding the business and competition.
- Fluency in working with basic suite of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and GIS/Google Earth platform.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as keen attention to detail.
- Ability to speak effectively in public and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in renewable energy and ability/willingness to drive project progress.
25%+ work travel can be typical for this role.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here