Manages the benefits program by assisting employees with benefits enrollment and questions, reconciling billing and enrollment information, maintains employee database and files, and assists with payroll data for deductions.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental, accident and disability, life insurance, and 401(k) benefits.
- Communicate with employees upon hire their benefit information, provide enrollment assistance, and answer questions regarding benefits.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment process.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and provides benefits change information for submission to the payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims. Research benefit issues with the carrier and third party administrator when issues arise. Communicate with the employee with benefit information and assistance.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for benefit policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Administer COBRA. Collects premium payments, manages COBRA participant enrollment, manages correspondence to participant, termination, and all other duties associated with maintaining compliance with COBRA guidelines.
- Provide statistics and information for the renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Maintain spreadsheets and reports as needed to verify and validate benefit enrollment accuracy. Reconcile billing, enrollment data and payroll data to ensure accuracy.
- Review employment information, termination and new hire reports, to determine employees to send the appropriate enrollment or COBRA information to.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth.
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field or the equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
- Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers and clients, and internal personnel.
- Excellent computer skills, presentation skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required.
- Must actively demonstrate the company values and support the ethics standards.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential.
- Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.