AutoCAD Permit Technician
Work located in West Palm Beach, Florida...
Serves as the primary source for computer-aided design (CAD) for the permitting department, working closely with the construction, engineering, right of way, land survey and permitting staff to produce high quality graphics and be able to verbally communicate specifications and directions to and from the design team.
Perform technical and administrative duties related to acceptance, processing, reviewing and approval of construction permit drawings in accordance with Florida Department of Transportation, county and city regulations and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize AutoCAD to create permit sketches, templates and background drawings.
- Perform detailed technical and specialized permit support work.
- Utilize county GIS websites and Google Earth Enterprises to determine the appropriate municipalities.
- Obtains plat information using County official records websites.
- Verifies Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) for accuracy.
- Maintains AutoCAD standards and procedures.
- Communicates with engineering team regarding new and revised prints.
- Awareness and familiarization of utility standards.
- Informs designers if changes are required to proposed construction for compliance to permitting regulations.
- Fulfillment of customer requirements.
- 2 or more years experience in AutoCAD required.
- Experience in electrical distribution permitting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Pro.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain effective working relationships with the project team.
Position based out of West Palm Beach, Florida.
Full-time with benefits offering 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered: Paid time off, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Flexible Schedule
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.