BHI is currently recruiting for a Project Estimator
Job Description / Project:
Primary duties to include:
- Developing estimates to support funding requests for multi-million dollar nuclear projects.
- Initial estimating to ± 50% variance
- Detailed estimating to ± 10% variance
- Coordinate walkdowns and meetings with Site Engineering, Construction and Station personnel to obtain information required in the development of estimates. Gain signature approvals for completed estimates.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Cost Controls Specialists to support the development of funding requests and forecast updates.
- Re-evaluate initial estimates with appropriate station departments and update as necessary to support full funding of projects.
- Work with Corporate Accounting in the determination of project classifications (Capital vs Expense).
- Perform cost comparisons of completed projects against estimates developed and actuals to ensure estimate falls within variances.
- Perform other scheduling related duties as assigned.
Ability to develop rapport with a variety of Nuclear Station, Corporate and Fleet personnel to gather information to support estimating tasks.
Ability to tap into industry OE and resources to support estimate development and validation.
Ability to work independently to gather needed information.
Mid to high experience level.
Prefer individual with specific experience in nuclear project estimating.
Ability to have flexibility to maintain an on-site presence at North Anna as well as work remotely depending on COVID-19 guidelines.
Good communications skills (both written and oral).
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.