Position: Permit Quality Assurance Technician
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Serves as the primary source for quality control of permitting documents for the permitting department, working closely with the construction, engineering, right of way, land survey and permitting staff to produce high quality graphics and be able to verbally communicate specifications and directions to and from the design team. Perform technical and administrative duties related to acceptance, processing, reviewing and approval of construction permit drawings in accordance with Florida Department of Transportation, county and city regulations and procedures.
- Provides quality checks to permit sketches
- Utilize AutoCAD or Acrobat Adobe Pro to create permit sketches, templates and background drawings.
- Perform detailed technical and specialized permit support work.
- Utilize county GIS websites and Google Earth Enterprises to determine the appropriate municipalities.
- Obtains plat information using County official records websites.
- Verifies Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) for accuracy.
- Communicates with engineering team regarding new and revised prints.
- Awareness and familiarization of utility standards.
- Informs designers if changes are required to proposed construction for compliance to permitting regulations.
- Fulfillment of customer requirements.
- 2 or more years of experience with Electrical Distribution Permits in Florida is required.
- 2 or more years of experience in AutoCAD or other drafting software preferred.
- Experience in electrical distribution permitting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Adobe Pro.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain effective working relationships with the project team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
Position based out of West Palm Beach, Florida.
Full-time with benefits offering 40 hours per week.
Paid time off
Required Education and Experience:
An ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED. Must be proficient in Microsoft programs, including Excel and Word, and must be proficient in Adobe Pro. Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain it throughout the duration of employment. Must be able to work for extended periods of time on a computer. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your resume to LaToya Ambrose, Transmission and Distribution Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org in the West Palm Beach, Fl Corporate office.