BHI Energy Canada is looking for a Health Physicist/ALARA Specialist for a long term assignment with 2 years work in Toronto ON Canada area and then 3 years work in Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada
BSc or MSc in Physics, Health Physics, Radiation Protection, Medical Physics and/or Engineering Physics (or equivalent education and experience)
Must have at least five year’s post-graduation Health Physics experience, preferably with 2+ in decommissioning.
Specific knowledge in radiation protection principles, the work of the ICRP, the documents of the IAEA, the NUREG and RP Standards, radiation detection (including statistics), dose assessments and shielding calculations is essential.
Ideally will have extensive experience and understanding of work tasks, their execution and associated radiological hazards as well as the ability to learn from others and absorb new/related knowledge quickly.
Crucially important are excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) in English.
Duties may include:
- Providing Operational Health Physics support for the project.
- Participating in RP program compliance reviews.
- Assisting in the strategic assessment and planning of operational/decommissioning tasks.
- Evaluating dose models for operations of the SBWRS equipment.
- Analyzing existing shielding design and provide input for updated shielding design.
Provide oversight on:
- Characterizing building, waste and reference hazards.
- Decontamination methods and techniques.
- ALARA assessments and reviews.
- Radiological work assessments and work packages.
- Radiological safety and dose assessments.
- Selection, procurement, use and calibration of radiological instrumentation/equipment.
- Radiological protection training/educational material.
- Procedures, controls, and processes related to radiation protection.
Email resumes ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
EOE-females/minorities/protected veterans/individuals with disabilities - BHI Energy is a Federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.