T & D
Distribution Operations Manager
Daytona Beach, FL Posted: 6/22/2020
Distribution Operations Manager
Reports To: VP Of T&D Operations
Manage construction crews. Build transmission, distribution, and underground lines, reconductor and maintain lines. Assist engineering, substation teams. Ideal candidates will have experience in the execution of T&D and Substation projects.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day field operations for all construction, safety, QA/QC and P&L activities associated with projects.
- Manage a staff of, Superintendents, Crews and Project Support staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support the corporate mission statement.
- Client Maintenance.
- Procedural and process issues.
- Financial issues and reporting processes.
- Subcontractor performance issues.
- Manpower issues and analysis.
- Constructability and technical issues.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Industry Experience: 10 to 15 years of responsibility for the total execution of large construction projects is preferred.
- Experience working in a self-perform environment.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, project administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Experience in the management of Superintendents, Foreman, and Project Support staff.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organization culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, in order to maintain the superior reputation of firm
- Pre-work inspections, organize crews and materials, and inspect completed work for quality.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State mandated safety programs as well as the company initiated safety programs.
- Initiate project flow through work order management system.
- Prepare work schedule for crews in order to utilize manpower, materials, and transportation as effectively as possible.
- Approve time sheets and maintain vacation schedules.
- Perform periodic on-the-job performance inspection of crewmembers.
- Complete and investigate employee accident reports and advise management immediately.
- Rotate as On Call Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the BHI Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement(s).
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures
- Have full knowledge of all aspects of both overhead and underground distribution construction as well as knowledge of transmission construction
- Must have basic PC skills
- Have the ability to motivate and foster an environment conducive for team building.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complete four year lineman apprenticeship or comparable experience
- 10 years experience in transmission, distribution, reconductoring, underground and line maintenance
- 5 years as crew foreman or like experience
- Possess a High School Diploma or the equivalent
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here