FLSA Exemption: Professional
Reports To: Field Management
Performs supervisory responsibilities for managing all aspects of the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical transmission power lines, electrical systems, fixtures, apparatus, and appliances. This individual is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning, participating in, and insuring the work of general foreman and other crews. Work includes the onsite design and construction of special electrical apparatus. Large scale and complex jobs are normally inspected upon completion for conformance with quality and per specifications. Work is performed under general direction of an Area manager or General Superintendent and is reviewed through discussions and inspection of completed work.
- Provides direct/indirect supervision and guidance to line crews performing maintenance and construction on Transmission line projects.
- Minimum of 10-years line experience
- Knowledge of transmission construction and maintenance methods.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Travel is required.
- Osha 30 preferred.
- Assists in estimating during the bid process.
- Assists project team in planning and execution of Transmission projects
- Maintains communication and job relationship with customers.
- Ensures BHI's safety practices and rules are followed throughout the job with BHI employees and sub-contractors.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to walk job site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED. Electrical license and prior experience as a lineman preferred. Must have excellent time management, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams. Ability to work outdoors in various types of weather is required. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.