Bridgman, MI Posted: 6/22/2020
Utility Cleaner $14/hr - SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES - Local candidates only, does not pay PD
- Removal of dirt and dust from facilities main floor area & connecting rooms, ramps & walkways using standard cleaning techniques. Including Dust or damp wipe horizontal surfaces up to six (6) feet, i.e.: ducts, pipes, sills, ledges, handrails, etc. Dust or damp wipe vertical surfaces up to six (6) feet, i.e.: beams, columns, doors, walls, panels, pipes, etc. Dust and wipe clean all areas horizontal surfaces between six (6) and twenty (20) feet.
- Work may be conducted in a scissor lift or genie boom.
- Industrial cleaning inside Power Plant buildings
- Dispose of all liquid cleaning solutions per Owner’s direction
- Spot mop floors, damp mop areas as needed
- Pull trash and replace liners
- Put down oil absorbent pads
- Machine scrub floors, (open traffic areas) with walk behind auto scrubber. • Burnish or high speed buff floors, (open traffic areas.) • Machine scrub low traffic and tight area floors with low speed scrubber • Burnish or high speed buff floors, (low traffic and tight areas.)
- Strip and wax or scrub and wax all floors, (per request of owner.)
- The collection and removal of trash from facilities and supporting areas.
- Provide facility users a healthy environment by using appropriate cleaning methods and products.
- Protect the safety of others by using properly labeled chemicals, warning other of hazards e.g. appropriate use of wet floor signs and reporting safety concerns.
- Adhering to Bartlett and Site regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Use of Chemicals:
- Surface prep
- Compound (floor sweep)
- Floor sealer (or wax)
- Orange Citrus (vandalism spray)
- Glass cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Tough on grease (for mopping floors or equipment)
- Tribase (for mopping floors or equipment)
- Damp mop (for mopping floors)
- All-purpose cleaners
This information is a summary and is not intended to be all inclusive or to take the place of sound management discretion.
This position is located at the DC Cook Nuclear Plant in Bridgman MI and requires plant access training, drug screening, a background check which includes both criminal & credit. Will also require psychological testing (MMPI)
*About BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions:*
A staffing company specializing in the Energy Industry, with jobs in Nuclear Power, Oil & Gas, Renewable Resources, Transmission, and more!
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here