Need a Quality Assurance Manager for long term work in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Need experience in decommissioning.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable. Must have demonstrated project management experience and knowledge of Nuclear Quality Assurance & ISO requirements
· In-depth knowledge of national consensus standards of quality, such as, CSA N286-12 and N299.1, ASME B&PV Code, ISO, Six Sigma, ANSI/ASME NQA1, Supplements and Appendices, IEEE Standards and U.S. NRC Regulatory Guide series. Must possess project management skills to effectively define, implement and co-ordinate projects to completion.
· QC Level 3 – QC Level 4 – increased knowledge, experience and expertise in associated disciplines.
· Over 10 years of experience in complex nuclear projects
· Direct experience dealing with complex project environments;
· Understand client's management system and functional support areas, in particular Radiation Protection, Environmental Protection, Emergency Preparedness, Occupational Safety & Health, Performance Assurance, Compliance and Quality Assurance issues.
1. Perform lead quality assurance functions for client on all relevant documentation, programs, systems and equipment related to the project.
2. Develop, recommend and implement project-specific quality assurance procedures, policies and systems in accordance with client requirements, applicable standards, and regulations.
3. Review design engineering documentation to verify compliance with technical QA requirements for design, manufacture, and testing/commissioning of all equipment.
4. Perform regular project status evaluations. Identify deviations that could create safety/environmental hazards or cause malfunctions during testing/commissioning and operations and recommend corrective actions.
5. Assess and identify issues with supplier performance to assure best cost/value for procured products and services through audits, surveillances, commercial grade surveys, supplier partnerships, etc.
6. Communicate changes in Quality policies and systems. Develop and conduct educational and training programs if required.
7. Act as quality liaison/coordinator for third party inquiries, including government regulatory agencies, customers, licensees, ASME, ISO, etc.
8. Provide periodic updates and recommendations regarding nature and status of work.
This individual will primarily focus upon providing manufacturing and quality oversight during the fabrication and testing phase of the Standpipe and Bunkers Waste Retrieval System (SBWRS) as designed.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.