Contract Duration: -/+ 2 months
Contract Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
PIPEFITTERS JOB DESCIPITION
Pipefitters report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager. Tasks that Pipefitters are required to perform include, but are not limited to:
• Lay-out, fabricate, install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain piping systems, pipe supports and fixtures. These systems may vary in shape, size, and pressure.
• Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skill, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
• Ability to work with piping made from copper, iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, and other alloy metals that are fused together through precise cutting, threading, grooving (Victaulic), bending, and welding.
• Read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and to ensure the proper placement and alignment of materials.
• Ability to interpret mechanical charts, conversion tables, and other mathematical charts relative to the classification of a Pipefitter.
• Ability to pick type and size of pipe and related material and equipment that is required.
• Inspect worksites to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipes will not cause structural weakness.
• Plan installation or repairs to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities or other workers.
• Cut pipe using saws, cutting torch, and/or pipe cutting machine. • Thread pipe using a pipe threading machine.
• Bend pipe using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
• Secure pipe to structures with brackets, clamps, and hangers using hand tools and power tools.
• Fit, assemble, and install a variety of metal or non-metal pipe and fittings using approved assembly techniques.
• Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipe and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear. Utilize logical step-by-step procedures in work while planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
• Provide mentoring to both Pipefitter Helpers and Pipefitter Trainees.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.