Field Service Technician - Service Engineering
Union City, CA Posted: 8/12/2020
BHI Energy has an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer - Service Engineering, who will report to the Service Engineering Manager. The candidate will act as a representative at the Customer's facility and assist the various internal teams with matters related to on-site coordination of special maintenance tools deliveries and maintainability activities.
The candidate will actively participate in various maintainability demonstrations and other maintenance activity. Ensure proper coordination and leadership in organizing maintainability demonstrations, tools & bench test equipment commissioning at the customer’s facility. This includes interfaces between various stakeholders including customer shop representatives, design engineers, customer engineers, trainers, maintainers, etc.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
- Engineering degree coupled with 10+ years of related transit vehicle project experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 15+ years of demonstrated experience of customer interface, with on-site assignments an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of mass transit shop and operation environment with regards to processes, procedures, and safety.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, French and English; Spanish an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage without direct authority and proven team leader
- PC and Information Systems literate, including understanding of the Engineering tools (SAP, FRACAS, SherloQ, etc).
- Knowledge of the Project Management Tools and MS Project an asset.
- Knowledge of professional and statuary rules and regulations associated with the profession.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here