Oklahoma City, OK Posted: 9/8/2020
Come join our dynamic team here at BHI Energy!
Position Title: Safety Manager
Transmission and Distribution Experience A Must!
This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and maintaining the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) activities, including training and compliance, for the respective operating area. This position receives direction from the Safety Director and assumes a leadership role with the respect Representative within the company.
- Manage and support HSE regulatory requirements as mandated by company and government agencies, including DOT regulations.
- Monitor workplaces and work activities to assure safe work activities to assure safe work procedures and practices are being followed.
- Develop and promote a culture that delivers safe workers and safe workplace.
- Implement accident prevention activities as directed or needed.
- Act as the technical resource in respective operating area for HSE and DOT related issues.
- Conduct Safety orientation and training in a timely, professional manner. Deliver quality presentations.
- Conduct accident investigations on time and determine root cause(S). Implement. corrective actions after review with Human Resources.
- Directly responsible for the assignment and completion of Tap Root investigations.
- Ensure the company complies with all current safety regulations.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Responsible for HSE newly employed safety professionals.
- Assist in injury/illness case management. Avoid injuries becoming OSHA recordable.
- Perform safety audits nd provide reports. Serve as catalyst to ensure compliance.
- Assist in HSE policy development and implementation.
- Make internal and external customer service top priority.
- Assist operating area management in executing safety responsibilities and in making safety efforts successful.
- Provide positive, proactive leadership by example.
- Recommend safety improvement/accident prevention methods.
- Work with operating area management to integrate HSE into daily work procedures.
- Ensure effective sub-contractor safety programs are in place.
- Evaluate the organizations’ procedures and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that are in need of improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring corrective actions are implemented, verified and validated.
- I-auditor tracking and trending of performance for your operating area.
- Availability by phone, email, text during business hours or while crews are working.
- Storm response when requested by Director.
- Responsible for maintenance of safety and accident records.
- Develop and implement safety-meeting topics.
- Ensure new hire orientation.
- Communicate with Safety Director Issues and concerns that are in your operating area.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in the utility field.
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and EPA laws and regulations.
- Current valid drivers license.
- Able to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends as required.
- Strong supervisory/management skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills, ability to manage mutilple projects at once.
- Ability to be hands-on, comfortable speaking and presenting to groups.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with a particular field.
- A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Highschool Diploma or GED.
- Associate degree or a degree in Safety or related field preferred.
- Arecognized safety certification a plus! MSHA certification preferred.
Great Compensation and benefits offered!
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here