BHI Energy has an opportunity for a Project Manager who will supervise the performance of the following work to be performed by a contractor -
Contractor will excavate (and then backfill and compact) around the perimeter of the existing wind turbine WTG T-53 foundation for the civil design engineer to evaluate its condition.
Contractor will perform these main activities:
• Provide excavator equipment and operator along with spotter and/or supervisor;
• Excavate areas to be identified by foundation designer (Foundation Designer) to expose foundation below grade and allow foundation designer to inspect foundation condition;
• Expose foundation surfaces by power washing to allow inspection of bare concrete;
• Backfill excavations and compact soil (as per designer requirements) to return the area to original ground level after inspections are completed;
• In the event waste and/or debris is unearthed or generated as part of the excavation activities, dispose of such waste and/or debris;
• Provide equipment, tools, labor, transportation, administration and other services and materials required to complete this Work.
• An outage may be required to work on the particular wind turbine string where the wind turbine is located so that electrical power be temporarily disconnected.
• Temporary relocating PMT, repairing it, and returning it to original location.
Foundation Designer Main Activities:
A. Concrete Foundation Visual Inspection and Coring. Visually inspect the below grade components of the Wind Turbine #53 foundation, which includes the buried portion of the concrete footing. General steps in the visual inspection will be as follows:
1. Excavation contractor that will excavate four separate trenches of soil above the foundation extending out from the concrete pedestal, and thoroughly clean the underlying concrete surfaces.
2. Visually inspect the foundation surface for cracks. If cracks are detected, will record the findings on the inspection form, documenting the position, width and length and taking a photographic record.
3. A Coring Subcontractor (Kansas Coring and Cutting) will locate rebar at the top of concrete footing. Concrete core samples will also be obtained that extend vertically within the footing to look for cracking or other evidence of damage.
4. Following foundation inspection and coring, the Excavation contractor will backfill and compact all soil that was removed back over the foundation.
Observations from the inspection will be recorded on inspection forms. The forms will be included as an attachment to the foundation evaluation report.
• Drawings analysis (plans and specifications, redlines, As Built, revisions)
• Rigging and Lifting Plan (cranes, load charts, bearing pressures)
• Mechanical exposure (bolts, torque, pressure, welding)
• Civil exposure (excavation, concrete, reinforcement, epoxy, forming, tests)
• Electrical exposure (transformers, collection cables, splices, meter reading, megger test, TTR, etc.)
• Communication (fiber optic cables, splices, etc.)
• Safety (LOTO, clearances, reporting, hot work)
• Job Safety Analysis (risk assessment, etc.)
• Wind Turbine installation and demolition
• Computer literate (Windows: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
• Detailed Oriented
• Good Communicator
• Safety Conscious