North Palm Beach, FL Posted: 10/8/2020
BHI Energy has an 1+ year contract opportunity for a Commissioning Specialist who will be responsible for the overall commissioning and transition to operations of assigned DG solar and energy Storage projects. Coordinate and manage commissioning work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project sites. Manage the quality control and oversight activities necessary to start-up and commence commercial operation of the facility.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide Commissioning support for DG Solar and Energy Storage Projects
• Administer and manage commissioning contracts and authorize and approve all contract change orders
• Oversee commissioning activities and OEM commissioning Process
• Review protection and control drawings and relay settings
• Support PPA and GIA requirements.
• Coordinate all commissioning activities and resources.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum of 4 years of direct experience in commissioning utility scale projects
• Experience reviewing test results of substation equipment and instrument transformers
• Strong knowledge of operation and controls of high voltage equipment up to 735kV
• Strong knowledge of protection schemes, relay, meters, RTU, and communication equipment
• Knowledge of communication protocols such as DNP3.0, Modbus, SEL, ASCII, etc.
• Proven ability to deliver tangible results while managing multiple assignments in parallel Additional desirable qualifications
• Familiar with 6 sigma concepts
• Electrical Engineering Background
• History of working in the utility industry
• History of Substation Protection and Control
• Experience with SEL, GE relays, Revenue grade Meters, and Novatech Orion.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here