About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Come Join BHI and help us make history on the new construction of Vogtle 3 & 4! The first AP-1000 commercial nuclear power plant build in the US!
The electrical superintendent position is a critical leadership role responsible for providing direction to the project team to complete the project on time while maintaining a high-level quality, safety and customer loyalty. The electrical superintendent has significant impact on the success of the company and delivering on our mission to be the most trusted name in the industry. As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for BHI Energy"s Plant Vogtle Project. You will function as a lead field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Superintendent responsibility overseeing Foreman and field personnel
- Manage, evaluate, and train field project team members
- Plan, organize, and direct production of contracted scope of work
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, inspectors, and other trades
- Maintain direct contact with operations support staff, vendors, subcontractors, time, and more.
- Responsible for enforcing and promoting high quality and safety standards on job sites
- Communicate, schedule, and manage day to day operations to ensure the job gets done on time and exceeds customer expectations
- Supervise, mentor, and motivate employees working on designated scope
Skills & Requirements
- Construction Management, Engineering, or related field experience highly desired
- Some experience in the construction industry with a commercial or industrial general contractor preferred but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures required for the performance task to be supervised.
- Experience with blueprint reading is a requirement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to validate work is implemented in accordance approved drawings, procedures, and plant construction documents
- Knowledge and understanding of SCWE (Safety Conscious Work Environment)
- Able to perform and understand a thorough Pre-job Brief as well as a reverse pre-job Brief
- Experience in electrical circuit troubleshooting and development of plans for resolution of issues
- This assignment is expected to last 6 months or longer.
- 8+ years' construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on new construction projects)
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding client policies, procedures and software programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug screen, physical, and background check
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here