Détails du poste
Project Manager-Transmission and Distribution
T & D
West Palm Beach, FL : 12/22/2020
The BHI Energy Transmission & Distribution Business Units is looking for a Project Manager to manage Transmission, Distribution, Interconnect and Substation projects. An entrepreneurial spirit and strong management abilities are a must.
The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to greenfield and brownfield projects at various T&D projects, substations, switching stations and/or collector stations. The Project Manager is responsible for the profit and loss of all individual projects, the successful achievement of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and acceptable relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders and will assist in direct marketing efforts for new and existing client development.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Serve as project point of contact with Owner regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, and budgeting
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Manage internal project financials (detailed, accurate project cost forecast and accruals), staffing, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and HR issues.
- Main POC on client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Manage all aspects of project communications (internal and external)
- Manage project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report on milestone progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety, quality, lessons learned, environmental concerns, design and constructability questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- 5+ years utility construction experience (15kV through to 500kV)
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without need for sponsorship.
- Strong communication skills to co-ordinate with project engineers, designers, and client representatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel & Word.
- 10+ years utility construction or project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) License
- Experience executing substation, transmission line or distribution construction projects
- Project Management experience executing & leading utility projects
- Demonstrated experience with project process and controls
- Solid record of change management experience
- Project Scheduling and crew coordination experience
- Business Development & proposal writing experience, proven track record in winning utility projects
- Great understanding & experience within utility asset management
- Outage and Distribution Management system knowledge
- Client facing experience onsite at electrical utilities
- Field facing experience with operational leadership
- Integration experience between finance and operations
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.