Weymouth, MA Posted: 3/11/2021
Human Resources Representative
The Human Resources Representative is a forward-facing role supporting the Human Resources needs of our 5,000 field employees. Employee Service Center employees are the first point of contact for employees for offer letters, onboarding documents and process, benefits, and general HR questions. The role of an HR Representative will be transitioning away from more manual work as we move to a new HRIS system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the onboarding of new hires including preemployment paperwork (I-9s, offer letter creation and distribution, tax forms, etc)
- Responsible for providing benefits information to new employees and responding to basic benefit questions.
- Support implementation of our new HRIS system, D365 including testing, template creation, and digitizing existing paper records. In the future provide basic support, introductory training and troubleshooting of D365 to field employees
- Partner with recruiting team and field managers to ensure accurate and time completion of employee paperwork
- Develop and maintain offer letter and new hire packages to align with division and client needs
- Provide support to employees on general human resources questions
- Escalate, and disseminate information about more complicated issues to the human specialty groups including Benefits, Recruiting, Employee Relations and Labor Relation
- Respond to basic payroll questions and escalate employee concerns to correct payroll team
- Provide support to benefits team by processing benefit enrollments and terminations during periods of heavy volume
- Update and audit records in applicant tracking system
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the HR group and company
HR Representative Requirements and Qualifications
- Possesses excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Builds excellent interpersonal relationship and provided coaching skills
- Maintains strong computer skills with a minimum of intermediate skills in excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Prior experience working in HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- General knowledge in Human Resource functions
- Knowledge and understanding of I9"s compliance and employment federal and state regulations/laws.
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- 5 years of experience in Human Resource or Benefits administration or a bachelors degree in business administration and one year of experience in Human Resources
- Ability to work overtime on nights and weekends (remotely) to support emerging work and high-volume periods
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the ESC Specialist job.
While performing the responsibilities of the ESC Specialist job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here