Control Room Operator
BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions (SSG) is searching for qualified candidates on behalf of one of our key clients for their open Control Room Operator position located in Lebec, CA
*This is a contract position and the duration is approx. as soon as possible approx -/+ 6 months
Candidates must have experience in operations combined cycle plants and able to sit the board with minimal training.
Work schedule: Dupont Shift schedule, 4 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 1-day off to switch from day to night shift. Working 12-hour shifts.
Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records.
Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters.
Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks.
Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety.
Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plan security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
* Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
* Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
* Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
* Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
* Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
* Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
* Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
* Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
* Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.