We are looking for a Utility Cleaner to work at our client's site located in Bridgman, MI for a full time contract position. As a Utility Cleaner you are responsible for daily cleaning of areas within the plant buildings. You have the ability to stand for long periods of time, be able to walk between buildings which would include being out in weather elements when traversing, withstand warm environment at times, can safely climb ladders and stairways, ascend/descend scaffolding, and lift up to 40 pounds. You enjoy working independently as well as a team.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Industrial cleaning inside power plant buildings and may include office buildings and restrooms.
- Removal of dirt and dust from floor area & connecting rooms, ramps and walkways using standard cleaning techniques.
- Dust and/or damp wipe horizontal surfaces, i.e.: ducts, pipes, sills, ledges, handrails, etc.
- Dispose of all liquid cleaning solutions per Client's discretion.
- Pull trash and replace liners.
- Operate walk-behind floor cleaners in open traffic area.
- Provide facility users a healthy environment by using appropriate cleaning methods and products.
- Protect everyone's safety by using properly labeled chemicals, warning others of hazards e.g. appropriate use of wet floor signs and reporting safety concerns.
- Adhering to company and site regulations, policies, procedures, safety standards and expectations.
This information is a summary and is not intended to be all inclusive or to take the place of sound management discretion.