BHI Energy is currently looking for an equipment operator to work at the Weatherspoon Plant located in Lumberton, NC. This is a local hire position. An equipment operator must have the appropriate licenses operating equipment (i.e. off-road dump trucks, backhoes, tractors, excavators and dozers). In additions to hands -on experience, they must have the ability to plan, estimate, operate, and perform pre-use vehicles inspections. Provide support to the ash pond project per the client with travel involved from site to site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
Operator shall maintain a current motor vehicle driver's license at all times why being employed. They shall have the ability to plan, estimate, operate, and perform pre-use vehicles inspections. In addition to:
- Load, transport, and unload materials, tools, equipment, and support special projects.
- Inspect equipment for any malfunctions or defective parts, document the results and notifies supervisor of deficiencies.
- Understands verbal and hand signal directions given by signalman or spotter.
- Verify that pre-use inspections have been completed prior to operation of equipment.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills.
- 12 years of experience operating equipment such as (fork lifts, backhoes, tractors, and dozers.
- Loads, transports, and unload materials, tools, equipment, and supplies to support project activities.
- Understands verbal and hand signal directions given by signalman or spotters
- Inspects equipment for malfunctions or defective parts, documents results and notifies supervisor of deficiencies.
- Places defective equipment in an “out of service” status to prevent personnel injury or further equipment damage.
- Utilize appropriate PPE and Reflective Clothing as required by site specific requirements.
- Performs basic mechanical adjustments or services as needed and authorized by client.