Détails du poste
High Voltage Technician 1
Phoenix, AZ : 4/7/2021
BHI Energy is seeking a High Voltage Technician I, a senior level technical position, who will provide subject matter expertise in the areas of field operations, collection system construction and maintenance, transmission maintenance, substation maintenance and troubleshooting support. Additional responsibilities may include field project management support or leadership, contractor oversite within a specified geographical region with minimal supervision or with guidance by a High Voltage Technician Leader, while ensuring the safe & reliable delivery of electricity to the power grid. This is a fully trained High Voltage Technician I who has met the training requirements of an HV Technician II, HV Technician I as well as have completed the Management Board Review for promotion to HV Technician I. This position requires (>10%) supervision and work oversight or as management deems necessary.
- Perform routine work in the construction and maintenance of all substation, transmission, and collection system equipment. Under supervision by an engineer provide assistance with P&C equipment and relay schemes. Work with data communication equipment.
- Report and coordinate emergency response and repair to all high voltage equipment and systems within assigned geographical area with the appropriate management oversight in coordination with resources from Energy Resource Control Center, Technical Services.
- Establish and Maintain high voltage inventory, equipment, and vehicles within assigned geographical area to company safety and maintenance standards.
- Responsible to perform routine work on assigned projects with corporate, regional, and cross functional assets and resources with occasional supervision.
- Maintain compliance and non-compliance maintenance schedules under occasional supervision. Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations, and market requirements.
- Participate in quality initiatives while learning and utilizing NEE quality tools.
- Maintain adherence to NEE Safety Culture, policies and process while meeting all safety targets.
- Experience with construction of overhead and underground electrical lines greater than 600VAC.
- Participate in Substation, Transmission, Collection System, and Protection & Control Maintenance Projects.
- Substation, Collection/Distribution, and transmission switching.
- Participate monitoring and troubleshooting protection and control Systems with Certified P&C Technician.
- Working within Wind/PV Solar/Thermo Solar and Fossil Fuel plants.
- Proficient in the use of UG/OH test equipment.
- Monitor, trouble shooting electrical systems below 600VAC or 1500VDC.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Electrical or related technical field.
- 2-5 years of construction or maintenance experience in the electrical industry. Field experience as a journeyman lineman, Substation Electrician, or NEER HV Technician III in high voltage distribution, transmission, or substation facilities.
- 2-5 years of experience with NEER High Voltage Electrical Construction, Safety and Maintenance practices.
- Journeyman Substation Electrician, Power Quality Technician, or completion of HV Technician II curriculum.
- Journeyman Troubleman, Journeyman Substation Electrician, Power Quality Technician in Distribution/Collection, or Transmission Systems.
- NEE T&S Operations P&C Certification.
- Padmount, Substation and Transmission Switching Certified.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.