BHI Energy is seeking a dynamic and talented safety manager to join our team. The right candidate will have experience working with transmission and distribution construction and maintenance.
· Manage and support HSE regulatory requirements as mandated by company and governmental agencies, including DOT regulations.
· Monitor workplaces and work activities to assure safe work procedures and practices are being followed.
· Develop and promote a culture that delivers safe workers and a safe work place.
· Implement accident prevention activities as directed or needed.
· Act as the technical resource in respective Operating area for HSE and DOT related issues.
· Conduct safety orientation and training in a timely, professional manner. Deliver quality presentations.
· Conduct accident investigations on time and determine root cause(s). Implement corrective actions after review with Safety Coordinator and Corporate Director in addition to Operations leadership.
· Ensure the company complies with all current safety regulations.
· Leads and directs the work of others.
· Assist in injury/illness case management.
· Perform safety audits and provide reports. Serve as a catalyst to ensure compliance.
· Assist in HSE policy development and implementation.
· Make internal and external customer service a top priority.
· Assist Operating area management in executing safety responsibilities and in making safety efforts successful.
· Provide positive, proactive leadership by example.
· Recommend safety improvement/accident prevention methods.
· Work with Operating area management to integrate HSE into daily work procedures.
· Evaluate the organization’s procedures and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that need improvement.
· Responsible for ensuring corrective actions are implemented, verified, and validated.
· I-auditor tracking and trending of performance for your operating area.
· Availability by phone, email, text during business hours or while crews are working.
· Storm response when requested by Director.
· Responsible for maintenance of safety and accident records.
· Develop and implement safety-meeting topics.
· Ensure New Hire orientation
· Communicate with Safety Coordinator and/or Safety Director Issues and concerns that are in your operating area.