T&D Contract Manager
West Palm Beach, FL Posted: 4/20/2021
BHI Energy (BHI) provides specialty services and staffing solutions to the power generation, energy, transmission & distribution, and government markets. BHI Energy provides quality and cost-effective solutions to our customers by leveraging our top leadership along with our highly skilled workforce. BHI Energy’s workforce includes more than 8,500 experienced project management and technical, professional and craft labor operating at over 130 global project locations.
BHI is seeking a Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Contracts Manager. This position will be located in our West Palm Beach, FL office. The BHI contracts organization manages the contracting process from development of proposal through execution of agreements to the contract closeout. The T&D Contracts Manager should have deep commercial marketplace expertise and serve as a strategic partner to key stakeholders across BHI to support its organic growth strategies. The position requires knowledge of commercial T&D services.
Primarily accountable for consistently and effectively:
- Utilizing depth and breadth of proposal and contracting/negotiation knowledge to develop and communicate contract execution strategies which will involve multiple customers.
- Designing and implementing negotiation strategies for the terms and conditions in managed services contracts. Developing relationships and strategies to optimize BHI’s interests while mitigating business and financial risk.
- Influencing and educating various internal business partners on proposal strategies, contracting issues, marketplace dynamics, and customer insights.
- Sharing perspectives and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view; effectively weighing and communicating trade-off considerations.
This hands on and influential role offers the unique chance to shape and lead the delivery of T&D contract management services in one of BHI’s most strategic industry growth areas.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Organizational agility and interpersonal skills – Builds and maintains partnerships within and outside one’s functional team
- Strategic agility – Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses on activities that add the most value
- Decision making – Thinks through problems clearly and logically; is decisive.
- Technical and business expertise – Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area.
- Communication – Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input
- Teamwork and collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates; offers support, encouragement, and maintains relationships with internal customers..
- Achieving results – Is goal-directed and persistent; is accountable for meeting commitments; recognizes the contributions of peers.
- Innovation – Breaks down traditional barriers to find creative solutions; able to think outside the box to develop new ways of contracting and partnering with customers.
Educational requirements / years of experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 10+ years of experience in T&D Contract & Commercial background
Minimum Required Skills & Abilities:
- Business focused, solution and problem solving oriented, and ability to assess contractual topics in ways to improve productivity.
- Review contract terms for compliance, liability, indemnification and exposure.
- Strong written correspondence skills and capability to evaluate, negotiate, and execute contracts with customers and subcontractors involving a broad range of transactions.
- Ability to synthesize complex legal & contractual topics and communicates to internal (or external) collaborators with different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Experience in contract risk management. Must be familiar with T&D project execution to determine risk factors. Addresses conflicts or questions regarding the contract, scope of work, delays, or dispute resolution.
- Maintains contract records to ensure reporting requirements. Should be familiar with employment law as it relates to jurisdictions where work is performed.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook).
- Is process oriented and can set up contract change control procedures.
- Ability to work well as part of a team but also independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle a fluctuating workload and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically influence and motivate customers and employees at all levels.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Microsoft D365 experience.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here