BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions (SSG) is searching for qualified candidates on behalf of one of our key clients for their open Technician Assc position located in Muncie Indiana.
Position Summary: Responsible for performing entry level technical work and related activities associated with the planning, engineering, design, analysis, research, development, testing, construction, maintenance, and operation of Company equipment and facilities.
Electrical background preferred. Looking for someone to write work orders to replace poles.
Computer skills needed.
You will use Smartsheet. Do not need experience with Smartsheet, will train.
40% out in the field.
Work Schedule-7:00am-3:30pm. Could work OT.
Will drive a company vehicle
Will report on site for training, after that will be a remote position until it"s ok to go back in the office.
Training will be located at the Muncie location
1. Technical Proficiency: Gains knowledge of standards, codes, and regulations relevant to area of assignment. Gains knowledge with pertinent equipment, material, systems, and business processes. Assists employees in handling defined portions of routine problems when beneficial to the client. Possesses basic computer literacy, knowledge, and skills.
2. Leadership & Guidance: Performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher level employees. Demonstrates ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
3. Planning & Organization Ability: Plans work in accordance with standard planning practices. Prioritizes routine work to meet the demands of the company. Maintains accurate records.
4. Problem Solving & Initiative: Applies technical knowledge and experience in resolving problems encountered in assigned work. Uses initiative in looking for opportunities to improve the process and increase job knowledge/technical skills. Seeks out, compiles, analyzes, and interprets information necessary to perform work activities and solve problems.
5. Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers. Assists in the preparation of technical reports and papers. Demonstrates the ability to be a team player. Relates to people in an open, friendly, and sincere manner.
6. Decision Making & Business Awareness: Develops decision-making skills based on sound judgment and job knowledge. Develops an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the local organizational unit.