Power Plant Outage Foreman - Gas Turbine
Combined Cycle Power
Raleigh, NC Posted: 4/23/2021
This will be a traveling position. In this role the Foreman will be responsible for the supervision, daily coordination of support activities for employees assigned to a project or outage to ensure assigned scope of activities are performed in a safe, effective, and cost efficient manner in accordance with BHI Energy and the client's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing craft or varying labor and ensuring the adequacy of clearance orders and/or lockout/tagout to ensure personnel and equipment protection for the work being performed.
- Conscientious implementation and observed work force compliance with BHI and Client Safety Program. Continual communication of safety expectations to subordinates along with the coaching and counseling needed to produce suitable results. Accept personal responsibility and accountability for the results obtained.
- Assure that all costs are accurately collected against the proper accounts.
- Review all Client and BHI Corrective Action Program Condition Reports originated by subordinates for level 2 and level 3 injuries, illnesses, or near misses during implementation of the safety program and before final initiations or dispositions are submitted for input.
- Organize and manage all site field activities as directed by client.
- Manage and supervise all craft labor.
- Coordinate and support field operations of subcontractors and managed contractors.
- Assure that only qualified and properly trained individuals are assigned to tasks.
- Assure necessary resources to meet assigned project requirements.
- Properly address employee concerns.
- Interface on a daily basis with Site Representatives related to client"s field operation"s tasks and activities.
- Spend considerable amounts of time in the field observing work activities.
- Assure that the work meets the requirements of the work packages, work orders, and established work practice standards.
- Interface with station Planning, Scheduling and Work Control organizations.
- Achieve performance improvement goals with proactive efforts, making adjustments as necessary to ensure attainment.
- Identify barriers to success and aggressively pursuing permanent changes to improve quality and productivity.
- Participate in coordination, scheduling, quality, safety, and progress review meetings.
- Participate in Work Observation Programs on site.
- Perform walk downs, constructability reviews, and estimates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
An ideal candidate will have five (5) to seven (7) years plus of experience in an power plant environment, with a minimum of three as a foreman/supervisor working with craft labor or the equivalent experience. Must have a minimum of five years' experience working within a labor category at either the craft and/or supervisor level. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers and clients, and internal personnel. Must have the ability to effectively lead and direct personnel to meet client operational requirements; to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to communicate effectively in a technical environment with client and management; to communicate effectively with peers, as well as with direct reports; to interface with Site organizations to develop successful problem solving strategies and approaches as required; availability to report to work upon "short notice", i.e. less than twenty-four (24) hour notice, as well as perform personnel call-outs for emergent work, as required; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays; to maintain accurate time keeping records in a spreadsheet and any applicable time keeping tool; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
Ideal candidate will have direct Power Plant Outage Supervisor experience as related to Gas Turbine maintenance including the inlet and exhaust systems of the turbine package. Need to demonstrate experience 5+ years working around Turbine Projects for outages, repairs, and general maintenance scope. Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical - millwright and welding disciplines as related to outage maintenance and equipment repairs.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here