Survey Processing Technician
Reports To: Field Survey Supervisor
The Survey Processing Technician provides support to the Survey group and all other departments associated with the Storm Hardening Project in West Palm Beach Florida as needed. This position will require approximately 5% travel within the state. A vehicle will be provided for all required travel. A clean driving record is a mandatory. Under the direct supervision of the Field Survey Supervisor, the Survey Processing Technician will utilize collected field data of distribution power lines, poles, and other related equipment to create the client’s required deliverables. These include, but not limited to, creating circuit maps, renaming photos to standard format, creating thermography reports from captured Thermo images, uploading documents to SharePoint and assisting in scheduling as needed. The incumbent utilizes photos to describe pole framing, attachments, conductor sizes, and any other equipment on poles for the excel data sheet that is used for design purposes. This position may also get trained in Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and LiDAR pre-processing to enhance processing potential for all captured data.
- Create Thermography reports for client utilizing captured thermo imagery.
- Take visual data from survey photos and transpose data from each pole to excel data sheets.
- Understands and uses detailed distribution maps provided by client.
- Utilizes a computer for processing all survey data submitted utilizing a variety of applications.
- Upload all processed data to BHI’s Analytics software to include captured LiDAR, thermography, and aerial imagery reports and data.
- Responsible for the quality control/quality assurance on project deliverables
- Travel as needed for additional data capture (5%).
- Pre-process LiDAR data to submit to Analytics software* pending training.
- Create GPR reports from captured field data* Pending training.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Understanding of thermography and thermography reports
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Good decision making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues
- Ability to manage own time as best suited for the tasking at hand
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is preferred
- Smart phone usage with a variety of apps
- Ability to take pictures and upload/scan pictures and forms to a specified data drive
- Knowledge of proper safety practices
- Ability to meet critical due dates
- Ability to walk outside for extended periods
- Ability to lift all required equipment for assigned task
- Ability and desire to learn new survey processes used to complete survey projects
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have an associate degree or equivalent training. Previous electrical experience preferred. Thermography lvl 2 certified preferred, but a level 1 will be accepted pending experience and ability to attend level 2 training. Able to create and read detailed distribution maps using GIS software, as well as take detailed field notes for data collection and transfer the data to the computer. Able to use a Tablet/PC and Microsoft Office Suite. Able to write work summary reports using Microsoft Word. Able to take pictures of poles and identify framing and equipment on the structures for data capture. Ability to represent BHI Energy in a professional manner. Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain it throughout the duration of employment. Ability to work in a team environment with a high attention to safety guidelines. Must be able to work extended periods of time on a computer. Ability to focus on quality and attention to detail, work independently and think analytically. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.