Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
1. Set up and operate CNC, NC, lathes, and semi-automatic.
2. Use calipers, micrometers, gauges, and other precision measuring instruments.
3. Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
4. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
5. Study blueprints, layouts, and sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operation, and setup requirements.
6. Verify completed work with the tolerance limits stated in the specifications.
7. Keep work area clean; good housekeeping.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in an industrial environment in the elements. Must have the ability to talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of aligning parts, setting up equipment, using precision measurement tools. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.