PLC/SCADA Controls Engineer
West Palm Beach, FL Posted: 4/30/2021
BHI Energy is seeking a PLC/SCADA Controls Engineer supporting energy storage control systems design and integration. In this position, you will be responsible for designing and programming new automation systems as well as existing systems, all utilizing the latest technologies and trends in utility scale energy storage systems.
- Sound working relationship with all management, supervisory positions, foremen, and electricians in their designated area.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of all engineering documentation and specifications required for the successful implementation of the projects and to meet the documentation needs of the customer as agreed to in order of acceptance.
- Establishes procedures and standards in safety, communications, and performance testing; ensures adherence of all concerned on these procedures
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of the various applicable engineering disciplines including electrical fundamentals, control interfacing and software design for networked SCADA and control systems.
- Control software design and programming PLC, SCADAs
- Interfacing and coordination for M2M, B2B, DNP3
- Network Design, Specification, BOM, Sourcing
- Device Control Network Design, Specification, BOM, Sourcing
- PLCs (Schneider, IEC 611-31 Programming)
- SCADA & HMI systems (Wonderware, Ignition)
- HMI Panels & Panel PCs (Schneider, Red Lion, Eaton)
- IT Infrastructure, Radios and Cell Modems (MDS, Freewave, Sierra, Ubiquiti)
- Communication Protocols (Modbus, TCP/IP, MQQT, OPC)
- Can generate Bills of Materials for Automation systems and panel
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in control systems engineering & integration
- Experience in IEC Logic Programming & SCADA OPC
- High level knowledge in control design and industrial networks
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here