Construction Oversight Engineer/Specialist
Roanoke, VA Posted: 5/4/2021
BHI Energy is seeking Construction Oversight Engineers/Specialists for work in our Data Center & Mission Critical Communications Group. These positions will be field assignments located at our client sites, though specific locations have not been finalized at this time.
- Review engineering drawings and specifications for compliance with the design/scope of work and constructability.
- Perform site walkdowns to identify design solutions and develop cost-effective problem resolutions.
- Observe and inspect craft installation work in the field to identify potential problems.
- Develop daily reports for submittal to the client.
- Verify contractor status reports and milestones achieved.
- Evaluate change orders.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in construction, startup, and commissioning of data center facilities or similar industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards pertaining to Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP).
- Familiar with the International Building Code and Building Code Design.
- Proficiency in reading construction prints and verifying compliance in the field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented in notes, recordkeeping, and documentation.
- Ability to handle difficult or confrontational interactions with contractors.
- Ability to walk a construction site for 10 hours/day.
- Ability to be located at the client site for the duration of the project, this timeframe may range from a couple months to over a year.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is a plus.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here