Bridgman, MI Posted: 5/6/2021
We are looking for a Software Developer/Administrator to work at our client"s site located in Bridgman, MI for a full time contract position. As a Software Developer/Administrator you will design, modify, develop, write and implements software programming applications and components. In this position you will Support and/or install software applications and components. You will work from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. This work is performed primarily in the office with some work in the plant buildings. We are seeking local candidates only.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to Visual Studio, SQL Server, HTML, and C#.NET.
- Design, code and test new Windows and web based software applications.
- Create and deliver data-driven reports.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation.
- Collaborate with management and staff members related to projects and tasks.
- Collaborate with colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Implement new software.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Associates Degree with 2 years IT Software Developer related experience, or High School Diploma/GED with 4 years IT Software Developer experience.
- 2 years' IT Software Developer experience. Technical knowledge usually acquired from an educational institution and through work experience.
- Other software development technology experience a plus.
- Software development skills principally experienced in Microsoft (MS) technologies.
- Microsoft Visual Studio ASP.NET / C#.NET Development experience
- SQL / Microsoft Technology experience:
- MS SQL Server Database programming (create stored procedure/views/functions)
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services (Report writing and Deployment)
- MS SQL Integration Services - Create Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) packages/programs
- Be able to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen (including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil), and employment testing.
- Are a candidate local to the area
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here