Cyber Security Specialist
Bridgman, MI Posted: 6/15/2021
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to work at our client"s site located in Bridgman, MI for a full time contract position. As a Cyber Security Specialist you will design, modify, develop, write and implements cyber security remediation plans. You will be responsible for cyber security remediation plans for various infrastructure components in an enterprise environment. Works from identified vulnerability specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. This work is performed primarily in the office with some work in the plant buildings. We are seeking local candidates only.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize established tools and guidelines to remediate cyber vulnerabilities.
- Implement patches or configure devices in a Windows enterprise environment to secure assets against cyber vulnerabilities.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Assist with identifying and correcting software defects.
- Investigate technical specifications and develop test plans.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation.
- Collaborate with management and staff members related to projects and tasks.
- Collaborate with colleagues concerning development and implementation of cyber remediation plans.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Associates Degree with 2 years IT Cyber Security related field experience, or High School Diploma/GED with 4 years Cyber Security related experience.
- 2 years Cyber Security experience, with Cyber Security certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CEH, ECSA, or SSCP.
- Cyber security principals primarily experienced in Microsoft (MS) technologies.
- Experience with configuration of Windows Servers (2012 ? 2019)
- Registry configurations
- Active Directory Services components
- Active Directory shares, permissions and service accounts
- Event logs / auditing
- Active Directory - GPO / authentication / authorization (groups)
- Understanding of Vulnerability bulletins and patching practices on various infrastructure platforms.
- Understanding of Network technologies such as drivers and protocols (SSH, DNS, NTP, TLS, RDP)
- Understanding / experience with Web servers such as IIS or Apache
- Understanding / experience with RDBS systems such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Understanding / experience with endpoint security (anti-virus and firewalls)
- Be able to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen (including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil), and employment testing.
- Are a candidate local to the area
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here