Sitting and Permitting Specialist
Richmond, VA Posted: 5/8/2021
Siting and Permitting Specialist
BHI Energy is seeking a Sitting and Permitting Specialist. This role"s primary responsibility will be to oversee and provide technical expertise to lead the permitting strategy towards relevant construction milestones for electric generating solar facilities. The secondary responsibilities will include support for existing project management and ongoing project development.
- Facilitates the development of relevant local, state, and federal permits to support contract schedules
- Reviews relevant project permitting, applications, and reports for missing information or plan deviations
- Manage resources to ensure prompt information transfer and contract adherence
- Provide detailed oversight and support of contractors and coordinate technical review of contractor-supplied deliverables
- Support coordination between project teams, including construction, engineering, real estate, environmental, and project management, etc.
- Contributes to project completion related research, including state and local permitting and regulatory processes
- Establishes, maintains, and updates project specific files, databases, records, and other documents
- Guides, advises and trains less experienced Siting and Permitting Specialists
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Works closely with real estate to establish easements/right-of-way agreements
- Works closely with Electric Transmission Group to establish easements
- Works closely with contractors and Treasury supporting Decommissioning Plans
- Works as Single Point Contact between Environmental group and contractors
- Coordinate submittal of Permits, including managing routing for signature.
- 5-7 years related experience in land use, real estate and/or environmental (erosion and sediment control, storm water management, wetlands protection)
- Experienced with Adobe Professional, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Full knowledge of local, state, and federal laws concerning permitting transmission and substation facilities
- Strong organizational skills are a must, with the ability to prioritize a large task load in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and the ability to solve complex problems with full transparency and adequate documentation
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here