About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
MARSSIM RADIOLOGICAL ENGINEER
BHI Energy is seeking talented professionals to support dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear facilities. These positions will serve the BHI Corporate Radiological Engineering Division providing Corporate, and or field support for commercial nuclear facilities including power reactors, laboratories, and industrial facilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The overall responsibility of the MARSSIM Radiological Engineer is the planning and development of Radiation Survey package(s) and related documentation in support of commercial nuclear decommissioning projects, i.e., technical position papers, procedures, work instructions, and dose calculations.
- Design and implement site survey and sampling plans compliant with MARSSIM and MARSAME criteria, including:
- Select and use stationary, portable, and laboratory-based radiation detection instrumentation.
- Generate, qualify and interpret radioanalytical results, applying results.
- Generate clear, concise and detailed radiological survey documentation and reports that are ready for review by licensees and regulators.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines including construction and demolition teams, hydrologists and geologists.
- Respond to third party inquiries seeking information.
- Perform technical evaluations associated with operational health physics, internal and external dosimetry, instrumentation, and environmental monitoring
- Prepare procedures that clearly define the requirements for implementing the radiation protection program
- Prepare data collection packages and data summary reports
- Oversee and direct the activities of health physics personnel during the conduct of radiological surveys and sampling.
- Develop Data Quality Objectives (DQOs) inputs and decisions necessary to plan and execute Site Characterization and Final Status Survey planning.
- Perform Data Quality Analysis (DQA) of radiological survey data,
- Promptly report and document any technical issues to facilitate effective resolution,
- Provide peer review support as needed,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires a bachelors degree in Health Physics, Nuclear Engineering, or Physical Science, and a minimum of 5 years" experience related to Health Physics, having at least 3 years" experience related to MARSSIM or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation.
- A Certified Health Physicist is highly desired
- Possess a thorough understanding of all phases of characterization, sample collection and control, data recording, chain of custody, instrumentation procedures and associated records.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the use and limitations of radiological instrumentation is highly desirable.
- MicroShield, Visual Sample Plan (VSP), Global Positioning System (GPS), Computer Automated Design (CAD) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MARSSIM and MARSAME guidance, and technical principles, and techniques of health physics, including radiological engineering processes.
- Experience in conducting radiological characterization and final status surveys and recommending solutions for decommissioning challenges affecting radiological safety/protection.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate fundamental elements of radiological safety/protection to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience in the development and presentation of radiological safety/protection reports.
- Experience with dose optimization (ALARA) processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong customer support to projects.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting radiological safety/protection.
- Skilled user of software tools such as: Excel, Word, AutoCAD, MS Project, VISIO, RESRAD, Visual Sample Plan (VSP) GPS solutions and similar tools.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here