About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
To assist instrument mechanics of higher classification in locating and correcting trouble in control systems and instruments of combustion equipment and nuclear reactors, turbines, chlorinators, water treatment systems, and station auxiliary equipment, involving inspecting, cleaning, calibrating, replacing defective parts, and repairing electrical and mechanical instruments and controls. To inspect, clean, adjust, calibrate and repair such instruments as manometers, gauges, flow meters and thermometers. Test and repair electronics and pneumatic control devices for the maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, calibration and testing of power plant instrumentation and control equipment
Job Details/ Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and control system (such as instrument loops, electronic control systems and equipment) to determine operational problems, follow any applicable administrative procedures, perform tests of loops, evaluate data and recommend actions to take.
- Calibrate equipment/devices/components to meet technical and manufacturing specifications.
- Repair I&C systems and equipment according to appropriate control procedures in order to return equipment to service.
- Document all system and equipment repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on I&C systems and equipment.
- Perform independent and component verification, which includes review of work requests, flow diagrams and procedures.
Qualifications/ Education/ Experience:
The Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5 years working experience in instrumentation and control and electrical maintenance.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings/prints, manuals and procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or educational equivalent
- Ability to receive unescorted Nuclear access
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here