About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Perform skilled work in the nuclear maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment, apparatus and fixtures used at power generation plants.
Job Details/ Essential Job Functions
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on single phase and three phase electrical distribution equipment, to include 120VAC and 125VDC Distribution Panels, 125VDC Switchgear, 480VAC Motor Control Centers, 480VAC Unit Substations and associated transformers, 4160 VAC Switchgear, and 13.8KVAC Switchgear.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on single phase and three phase electrical motors as well as single phase and three phase electrical breakers associated with the above switchgear to include current injection and testing.
- Installs electrical equipment in accordance with applicable standards. Mounts equipment on foundations, cabinets, routes/runs cables and completes all electrical connections to equipment.
- Performs all commissioning and testing functions for electrical equipment that include cold insulation checks, megger checks, physical inspection, initial light off and testing, final operational testing.
- Typical equipment tested include; Motors and controllers, generators, switchboards, power panels and load centers, machinery centralized control systems (MCCS), PLC's, tank level indicators, motor operated valves, public address systems, fire detection systems, sound powered and dial telephone systems, galley equipment, HVAC controls and machinery controllers.
Qualifications/ Education/ Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized vocational education program in electrical or industrial electrical or industrial training -OR- completion of a recognized
- Electrical Apprenticeship Program and three out of the last five years' experience as an electrician in the industrial maintenance field
- Principles of electronic theory as applied to electrical and electronic circuits,
- Theory of operation and use of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) units and other computer based equipment.
- Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.