About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Who we are!
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development. We are seeking a Finance Manager that will help drive the company's growth. This individual will work closely with the Sr. Director, Finance, President, and Operational management in providing strategic direction and financial guidance.
The Safety Representative position organizes, coordinates and maintains the Health, Safety, &Training activities, including training and compliance, for the respective Operating Area. This position receives direction from the Safety Director. The position assumes a team member role with other Safety Representatives within BHI Energy T&D Services. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state and federal safety policies and regulations.
- Develop and promote a culture in that deliver's safe workers and a safe work place
- Implement accident prevention activities as directed or needed
- Act as the technical resource in respective Operating Area for safety issues
- Conduct safety orientation and training in a timely, professional manner. Deliver quality presentations.
- Conduct accident investigations on time
- Provide positive, proactive leadership by example
- Recommend safety improvement/accident prevention methods
- Work with Operating Area management to integrate safety into daily work procedures
- Complete new hire orientation ensuring all required paperwork is given to safety administrator for record retention.
- Assist in injury/illness case management. Avoid injuries becoming OSHA recordables' internal and external customer service a top priority
- Assist Operating Area management in executing safety responsibilities and in making safety efforts successful
- Serve as the Operating Area Safety Committee Chairperson
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the utility field.
- Minimum of 5 years' safety experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA laws and regulations.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Able to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends as required.
- Strong supervisory/management skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to be hands-on, comfortable speaking and presenting to groups.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with a particular field.
- A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- The demands, conditions and hazards of the position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The physical demands of the position involve basic activities such as standing, walking and sitting as well as pulling, lifting, carrying and pushing.
- The emotional demands involve contact with the general public as well as customers, management and employees along with traveling daily/overnight.
- The location of everyday activities of the position take place inside (office environment) and outside (varying weather conditions).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree or a degree in Safety or related field preferred.
- A recognized safety certification a plus.
- CUSP and/or MSHA certification preferred.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here