About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Sr. Payroll & Tax Specialist
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Payroll & Tax Specialist for the payroll team located in either Piedmont, SC or Weymouth, MA. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, deep knowledge of US payroll tax laws and be very thorough and methodical.
This key payroll position is responsible for monitoring and confirming our systems and process are set up to ensure payroll compliance with state, federal, and local payroll rules and regulations. Conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll audits. Lead all internal and external audit payroll data requests across all lines of business. Ensure any changes in payroll tax laws are implemented across all lines of business. Conduct weekly and monthly audits of current payroll set-ups to ensure compliance and put together a project plan to address any needed changes.
- Perform weekly payroll audits ensuring compliance with tax and employment laws
- Responsible for ensuring year end activities in preparation for W-2 distribution and any W-2c amendments.
- Assist with 401(k) and Workers Compensation Audits as necessary
- Be the SME for federal and state payroll tax laws; lead any system set-up changes necessary to ensure appropriate tax withholdings
- Conduct payroll tax research related to compliance as needed
- Perform periodic and regular audits of internal controls to ensure adherence
- Serve as main point of contact for payroll audits
- Reconcile garnishment to G/L accounts each pay period
- Research and resolve payroll discrepancies independently as a result of audits conducted
- Work closely with payroll tax vendor on state, local, and federal tax submissions.
- Be first point of contact with ADP for outsource payroll activities.
- Bachelors Degree - ideally in finance, accounting or business administration
- Minimum of 5+ years' multistate payroll experience for 2,000+ employees
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot tables, VLookups)
- Experience with leading and conducting compliance audits
- Deep understanding of HR/PY systems and system configurations
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholder groups
- UKG (UltiPro) experience
- Union Payroll Experience
- ADP Tax PEO
- FPC or CPP payroll certification
- Experience integrating M&A businesses
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and payroll responsibilities simultaneously, comfortable analyzing large amounts of data, problem solving and the ability to operate in a fast-paced and highly confidential setting
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.