Job Title: Active Q Cleared Senior RCT
The RCT monitors, collects results, and records data to formulate recommendations on radioactive and non-radioactive contaminants in the workplace environment. Understands and applies the appropriate meter and technique to use for radiological surveys for the uranium fuel cycle of various enrichments and types of feed sources. This includes expected daughter products, background radiation interference, isotopes that concentrate as a result of centrifuge processing, transuranic radionuclides, other hard to detect nuclides, chemicals, physical and biological agents in the environment and internal workplace.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions
* Perform and document noise surveys, atmosphere surveys, confined space surveys, radiation surveys, contamination surveys, airborne radioactivity and chemical hazard surveys to characterize radiological and industrial conditions, support job-planning, job-coverage, post-job surveys, detect changes in conditions, release from radiological control areas, unrestricted off-site material removal, and radiological shipping surveys.
* Performs, understands and applies technical activities in support of the HP programs.
* Collect and record data using Health Physics equipment to monitor personnel and work areas for existence of and extent of hazard.
* Using math and tools such as spreadsheets, convert the raw readings from radiological surveys to meaningful units for radiation protection purposes. This includes but is not limited to beta dose rates, contamination levels in dpm/100 cm2, airborne concentration in microCi/l and percent DAC.
* Recognize and take the appropriate action when radiological conditions are outside the pre-defined safety envelope as may be described in a radiation work permit, radiological postings, safety and health work permit or other unanticipated situations.
* ANSI 3.1 Qualified
To be determined