About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Sr. Designer will design both overhead and underground electric distribution systems that will serve to strengthen the client's electrical grid. This work includes the processing of field survey data, circuit drawings, utility standards, project estimates, and feeder system upgrades utilizing the GIS and work management system provided by the utility. This position will allow remote work after you receive training in our West Palm Beach office. We will reimburse hotel and meal expense while you train in West Palm Beach.
With guidance, design and process construction work requests related to overhead associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed guidelines, utility standards and procedures.
- Prepare computer assisted designs and generate construction drawings for review
- Perform design services with a basic understanding of circuit drawings and distribution engineering concepts
- Assist in the gathering of information from field survey data and verify accuracy of maps and record drawings.
- With guidance, prepare distribution circuit design, cost estimates and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects
- Utilize BHI Energy's project management system to track and update design activities
- Support client in storm restoration
- Attend regular training sessions to maintain proficiency in design work
- Promote a safe work environment using BHI Energy's Gold Standard
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
What it takes:
- Bachelor"s in Engineering or equivalent. In lieu of degree: 5 plus years related experience in the electrical utility industry
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and/or BOUD, Maximo and MicroStation plus knowledge of working with GIS systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to interface with clients in connection with project design responsibilities and work overtime, shift work, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must possess a valid driver"s license and maintain it throughout the duration of employment
- Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential
- Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required
- Pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
- Full-time with benefits offering 40 hours per week
- Progression to Lead Design positions available
- Paid time off/Flexible Schedule
- Insurance: Health and Dental
- We will reimburse expenses for hotel and meals during training for this position.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.