About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions seeking full-time Structural Engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills to work on complex and challenging Nuclear projects.
The candidate will exercise sound judgment in assessing problem situations or complex issues, review completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data, coordinate the efforts of the group with other discipline groups on the same project.
The candidate must be able to function as a Project Technical Lead (Modification Owner) that would prepare civil/structural design change packages, coordinate interdisciplinary team of engineers and vendors to complete tasks on schedule and on budget.
The successful candidate must be capable of preparing civil/structural calculations and evaluations in support of various design activities including, but not limited to the design of piping, cables and small equipment supports, instrument rack design, floor load impacts to concrete structures evaluations, equipment anchoring evaluations and seismic response evaluations. The candidate must be able to develop material and work-hour estimates as well as engineering and design schedules.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a four year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain unescorted access into a nuclear power plant.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
- Engineering and design experience including developing civil/structural modification packages for components and structures serving nuclear power plants is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with nuclear standards and guidelines.
- Professional engineering license is preferred
- Field experience at a nuclear power plant a plus.
- Experience with engineering software such as ANSYS, AutoPipe and MathCad is a plus.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here