About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions (SSG) is looking candidates for one of our key clients for their Solar Project Engineer for a contract opportunity based in Richmond, VA with possible remote work.
Job Summary - Project Engineer
Our client is increasing its annual installed solar generating capacity from about 300MWac to 1,000MWac per year. The Project Construction organization includes creating new natural & renewable gas and electric generating assets including nuclear, wind, solar, and gas turbine. The solar group is organized into several sequential teams; Development, Diligence, Pre-Construction, Execution, and Close-Out.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks
- The Project Engineer is a technical coordinator of engineering tasks.
- Geotechnical Investigation by Dev Owners Engineer (OE)
- Real Estate Survey: Boundary & Topo by Dev OE
- Solar Site Design by Dev OE
- Land Utilization by Dev OE
- Review all Development Information submitted by Dev OE or acquired by external Developer
- Review/Revise EPC Specifications
- Energy Performance by OE
- Coordinate Review of EPC Submittals by OE
- Manage the Request For Information (RFI) process
- Develop Project-Specific EPC Exhibits
- Confirm project AC capacity and design for Interconnection
- Review EPC proposals and identify spec deviations and exclusions from EPC bid required standards
- Review EPC proposal site plans and technical data
- Review EPC proposed spec changes with internal stakeholders (OPS, Environmental, Safety, Security etc.
- Review Zoning/Land Use Permit requirements
- Provide and coordinate project information for EPC RFP process
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate should have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Environmental studies, including:
- Stream and Wetlands delineation
- Rare, Threatened and Endangered species habitat and population surveys
- Phase 1 ESA
- Cultural, Archaeological, and Historical surveys
- Civil Surveys and Design, including:
- Topography Evaluation
- Boundary and ALTA Surveys
- Geotechnical and Pile Load Testing
- Grading, Stormwater, and Erosion and Sediment Control
- Solar Site Conceptual Design, including:
- Site Plan for Zoning Permitting
- Preliminary Array Layout
- Buffers and Setbacks
- Easements and Right-Of-Ways
- Knowledge of utility scale solar
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience with reading and writing technical/construction specifications
- Minimum 5 years as project engineer or assisting a project manager in multi-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Must have Solar experience - please ensure solar experience is CLEARLY identifiable in the resume or the comments section
Engineering degree; Environmental/Civil preferred
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here